The Key Points
Our application and registration forms generally request information that identifies you, which can include your full name, membership number, position / role within Scouts Australia, Scout group and branch, gender and date of birth, occupation, banking and credit card details; and information that enables us to contact you such as address, phone number/s and email address.
We also collect personal information relating to emergency contacts when you participate in national and international events. Personal information of emergency contacts include, name, address, phone number/s and their relationship to you.
We also sometimes collect sensitive information (for example health information), when it is necessary to enable you to participate in in international events and National Schools and workshops. This information includes medical details relating to immunisation, medications, allergies, dietary requirements, medical or physical conditions.
Palm Beach Scout Group and Scouts Australia uses social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to communicate with the public about its activities. Scouts Australia may collect your personal information when you communicate with it by using these social networking services, and the social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own services. These social networking sites have their own privacy policies.
Scouts Australia will not collect, hold, use or disclose use your personal information for any purpose that you would not reasonably expect us to use it for. The purposes for which Scouts Australia collects, holds, and uses personal information include:
- To respond to your request or help us process any request for our activities or services;
- To effectively administer all activities and services that we provide to you;
- To communicate with you about the activities and services that we may provide you;
- To inform you of relevant internal or external activities, events, promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you;
- To ensure the safety, health and well-being of all members while they participate in Scouts Australia activities.
If you have chosen to provide us with your email address, we may use that address to advise you of matters of interest as well as for communication, marketing, planning, new services or research purposes. Members have the right to opt out of these additional communications. There is also an opportunity to opt in by joining email subscription lists which will be promoted through emails and the website.
Scouts Australia may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To State and Territory Branches of Scouts in order to validate your membership of these branches and to seek approval of your eligibility to attend international eventsand National Schools and Workshops;
- There are occasions when external organisations or individuals wish to offer aproduct or service to registered users which Scouts Australia considers would bebeneficial or of interest. Subject to approval of the organisation and the material to besent to registered users, and a signed agreement between Scouts Australia and the organisation regarding data confidentiality, Scouts Australia may disclose email addresses in a secure format to that organisation, or to a distribution house on the organisation’s behalf.